Why 👀Gogglebox favourites😘Giles and Mary tease a big change😮🙀.

Gogglebox favourites Giles and Mary tease a big change


Gogglebox legends Giles Wood and Mary Killen could be beaming into our living rooms from a new house before we know it. The couple have been a regular fixture on Channel 4's couch-surfing programme since 2015, happy to analyse the week's television from their countryside 'grottage' for our viewing pleasure.

But in their book Country Life: A Story of Peaks and Troughs, which officially hits shelves tomorrow (April 27), it's revealed that they're both keen to relocate in the near future.
gogglebox giles and mary

Channel 4

Related: Gogglebox's Mary shocks Giles with bizarre complaint

"Were I a shrub, I would say I have only tentatively put down roots here in Wiltshire," writes Giles (via HELLO!).

"They are not yet thick or stubborn enough to prevent me from uprooting myself for the final chapter of my life. After 30 years, I am now ready to transplant myself again."

It's specifically a sense of freedom that his wife Mary craves.

"As a woman who can't drive, I have been exiled these past three decades to a village without a bus service," she reflects.

"It means that, over the years, I've missed at least 600 London parties, gallery openings and book launches, to say nothing of memorial services and lectures and art exhibitions."
giles and mary on gogglebox

Channel 4

Related: Gogglebox's Mary says show 'saved' her marriage to Giles

"I'm certain that a London dwelling would be the best choice for the final decade of life. It's too much of a nuisance to visit someone who lives in the country, no matter how much you love them," Mary continues.

"Our friends and family are always in London and would be 20 times more likely to come and see us there."

For now though, "the jury's out" on whether they'll actually up sticks, so the Gogglebox production team can rest easy.

0 Comments