Megan Fox: They made fun of me for being 10 years ahead of MeToo.


American actress and model Megan Fox said in a new interview that she was mocked when she spoke out against misogyny in Hollywood early in her career. Answering Glamor's questions, Fox explained that she was objectified in the productions she starred in and that it was very scary to stand under a waterfall in a bikini when she was 15, in a short episode she played in Bad Boys II.

Fox said that before the #MeToo movement, drawing attention to misogyny in the US movie industry made it a bigger joke. "I think I'm almost 10 years ahead of the #MeToo movement," the actress said.
"I was always raising my voice against abusive, misogynistic, patriarchal issues" "I was always raising my voice against abusive, misogynistic, patriarchal issues in Hollywood in 2008 and 2009," the famous model added, "And actually I was made fun of for doing it."

However, even when Fox spoke about her "really sad experiences," she said the feminist movement didn't take care of her. The 35-year-old actress said: "I never felt completely involved in the feminist community" "I've never felt completely involved in the feminist community, and I still think it's terribly difficult." Fox stated that she thinks that giving women the opportunity to experience what they want is real feminism.

Stating that he was constantly mentioned with gossip and ridicule, Fox admitted that he had been hiding at one point in his life. The actress later shared that she had a "psychological breakdown" publicly: "I don't know if the breakdown was definitely about being objectified. It was more about depersonalization, being constantly criticized and judged." Fox described dealing with fame as "a kind of trauma."

0 Comments